Cannot login from new device - Windows 10 laptop

I have entered all information correctly (sign-in address, email address, secret key, master password).
Error message "Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection."
Network connection is fine.
I've also tried scanning the Setup Code, however still getting the error that my details are incorrect...
My license is showing "for Mac" and I am trying to install on an additional Windows device.
surely this cannot be the reason?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jarndt: I'm a bit confused as to what's giving you trouble here. You've listed your 1Password version as 7.1.2, but that's the version number for 1Password for Mac, not Windows. You also mention having a Mac license, which is indeed sold separately from Windows, but you don't need a license if you have a 1Password membership and thus a Secret Key. I think you may have a few things confusing you here and it may be best to take a closer look at somewhere 1Password is working for you so I can better understand what's giving you trouble.

Do you have a device that's already set up and working with 1Password? If so, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from that device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Don't post these here, but do attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. If you post that number here, it'll help me find your e-mail more quickly. Thanks! :chuffed:

• jarndt
    jarndt
    Community Member

@bundtkate Correct about the version. The Windows version is 7.2.581. Diagnostic report number for the MAC is #YBY-75371-434.

• @jarndt: Thanks for sending those over! I found your e-mail and have already taken a peek so I've got some ideas. This treads into areas best kept out of a public forum, though, so I'm going to go ahead and shoot you a reply via e-mail. Give me just a few to do a bit of typing and digging and I'll be back with you shorty. :chuffed:

ref: YBY-75371-434

• trentwinchester
    trentwinchester
    Community Member

I am having a similar issue (WIQ-48414-771). I have 1Password working on my Macbook and my phone. AM trying to login from a Win7 device via Chrome. Repeated message that my email and secret key are incorrect. They have been accurately entered multiple times. What is the issue here?

• trentwinchester
    trentwinchester
    Community Member

U[date/Solution: I was being directed to 1password.COM but I am registered at 1passwrod.CA I am unclear why the account information is not shared across the domains. Does not make a ton of sense. One suggestion might be to add a comment in the error message: "email and special key information are incorrect. Please make sure you are logging into the correct domain"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@trentwinchester: Thanks for the update. Indeed, if you have an account at 1Password.ca, that will not be present on 1Password.com and therefore will not work there. These (and 1Password.eu) are completely separate, since some people need/want to keep their data in a specific location, either for regulatory reasons or because they simply prefer to pay in a local currency. We won't add more specific error messages for login on principle, because that would leak information to an attacker: they would know what credentials were incorrect, which tells them that others were correct; and technically, since we're using SRP so that none of your account credentials are ever actually transmitted to us, we have no way of knowing some, all, or which are incorrect. Anyway, glad that using the correct account credentials helped in the end. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.