Restoring Pro Features not working

Ozymandias
Ozymandias
Community Member

Have 1Password 7.2.2 on iPhone 6S running iOS 12.1 I have purchased PRO Features some years ago via the Apple App Store.

When I go to: Settings > Pro Features > Restore Purchase and enter my Apple ID Password for the Apple ID I purchased the Pro Features via I wait 10' - 15' and then get a shower of blue confetti (?), a green button saying ' Purchased' appears and am told I'm awesome ... so far, so good.

Except when I back out of this page absolutely nothing has happened nor visibly changed. If I immediately re-enter the 'Restore Purchase' page, the green button is gone and the 'Restore Purchase' option has re-appeared.

I have been a 1Password customer since 2008 so probably purchased the iOS app using my old (now long since unused Apple ID).

If there are issues with the app and Pro Features being purchased with different Apple IDs please advise the workaround.

BTW: I did 'uninstall' 1Password from the iPhone by pressing and holding the icon until the 'x' appeared. When I went to reinstall 1Password via the 'App Store' I got the iCloud download icon only. This indicates that I have not restored via my current Apple ID from the store and that the Store has just automatically re-directed me to my backed up iCloud copy ... ?

If the only solution to my dilemma is to re-purchase 1Password from the App Store using my current Apple ID then that will be the end of my relationship with this software.

Comments

• Ozymandias
    Ozymandias
    Community Member

Update: just found the purchases page for my current Apple ID in the App Store and both 1Password and 1Password Pro were purchased using the same ID

• Ozymandias
    Ozymandias
    Community Member

... and the App Store is telling me that 1Password Pro 'is not on this phone' ... duh!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

both 1Password and 1Password Pro were purchased using the same ID

@Ozymandias: Which version was purchased in each case? What were the dates? Both sound like very old 1Password apps, and we've changed the name with recent releases.

Ultimately the App Store, and by extension Apple, controls all of this. The only way that it will validate the purchase is if it was the same app, under the same Apple ID, and you've both installed and restored it using that same Apple ID. Keep in mind that 1Password has been a free download for years, with an in-app purchase for the Pro Features. So you'd have 1Password in your purchase history whether you paid or not. You'd have an email receipt from Apple for it if you did pay for it though, so I'd start by looking for that.

This discussion has been closed.