Extension disappeared

Comments

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

my extension of BETA was automatically removed. Don't know how to get it back??

• @telephoneman,

I've split your question off from the original thread because its not the same thing. Does it show up as disabled in Safari's Preferences window on the extensions tab?

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

I don’t know. I could watch it today disappearing on 2 Macs. I’ve reinstalled the 7.1 production version and then magic happened after restart safari it was updated to 7.2
    Dont understand the new extension mechanism as it leads to Mac App Store when I say install extensions in safari

• rudy
    edited September 2018

@telephoneman,

7.2 has requirements beyond what 7.1 has. Specifically you need to either be running Mojave or have Safari 12 beta installed in order to use the extension that it embeds inside of it. It no longer makes use of the separate extension, which is going to be sunset when Apple releases Safari 12 in 12 days (September 24th).

The presence of 7.2 on a system will cause it to automatically remove that legacy Safari extension from the system, which is most likely what you're seeing here.

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

I have Mojave - but how can i enable that extension in Safari?
    Found it - that detail was not "self explaining"

• @telephoneman,

When invoking mini it should put you on suggested items and have a "enable 1Password in Safari" button on the right side of the window. Clicking the button should take you directly to Safari's preferences window, on the Extensions tab, with 1Password's entry selected in the list.

were you accessing this via the main window instead of mini?

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

Well I was clicking on “install extensions” in 1Password, Then lead to your website to download it, installed the 7.1 and then after a while and restart of browser that 7.2 update appeared by magic.
    I was not aware that there is such an option. I think that install extensions menu is still right for chrome but it’s confusing safari users. That the extension appears in safari by default due to installed app is not understandable if you are used to the need of download and install the extension separate - especially when 1Password also doesn’t tell you that

• @telephoneman,

Yup, as we approach release we'll be removing the Safari extension from the various download pages and make it more clear that there is no separate install anymore.

• AlasGuinns
    AlasGuinns
    Community Member

Somewhere between frequently and every time I log into my main user account, I get an "Enable 1Password in Safari" banner, with the options to Close or Enable.

If I select Enable, I find that the 1P 7.2.2 extension is already enabled, with auto update selected.

On the other hand, if I select Close, everything works just fine nonetheless.

(2018 13" MacBook Pro with latest versions of Mojave and Safari.)

• Hi @AlasGuinns,

This is something that we've improved in the 1Password for Mac 7.2.3 betas. We'd love it if you could give it a try and let us know if it fixes your problems. Just go to 1Password > Preferences > Updates, and enable "Include beta builds", then click Check Now.

Let us know if this gets those banners back in order.

This discussion has been closed.