To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't access my account at all

kickingbear
kickingbear
Community Member

Hello. I have a membership for a sole user license. (3.99 in the United States) and I only used it on my one laptop. However, due to a corrupted Hard drive, (On a Mac) I had to erase it and reinstall the operating system (Now on OSX MoJave) Prior to doing so, I made a backup of my 1password logins, thinking that my safari keychains would remain intact form iCloud, and that I could simply go back to password.com and log into my account. However, I can't do that. I cannot log into my account at all.

How do I cancel my membership to start over? I'm still being charged for my membership.

1Password Version: 1password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac osx 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kickingbear: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble. You will need to have all of your 1Password.com account credentials to be able to sign in on a new device. If you are not part of a 1Password Family or Team, so that another Organizer or Admin, there will be no way for you to recover the account. We simply don't have access to your data, or any keys that can be used to help you regain access to it. That's fundamental to the security of all 1Password users. There are a few possibilities that might be of help to you though:

• If you'd saved your Emergency Kit, that should contain your account information
    • If you have setup any authorized devices using your 1Password.com account currently, you can access your account information there (1Password Settings/Preferences > Accounts)
    • You could access the data in an authorized 1Password app or web browser and copy your data to a new account, provided you know your Master Password

Otherwise we can help you start over with a new account if you cannot access your current one. Let me know what you have to work with, and we'll figure out the best plan of action.

• kickingbear
    kickingbear
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

Thank You for your response. The problem with starting over is that I am being charged for my old account... how do I stop from being charged if I can't get access to my account? I am still getting invoices to the e-mail address associated with the account that I can no longer get into.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's not something we can help with here in a public forum, as it would inherently involve account an payment details. I'll follow up with you via email and we'll go from there.

ref: IQK-66543-158

This discussion has been closed.