Transfer Vault Data Stuck?

Options
Eluder99
Eluder99
Community Member

So I recently signed up to family account as a friend gifted a Thanksgiving offer account to me so kindly.
I've been a 1password single (app) user for years on iOS and Android and I'm trying to migrate my vault which sync with Dropbox to the new account vault.

I proceeded to follow the online steps and it seems as though it's stuck at the Copying Passwords part and I've only got 113 items to copy which doesn't seem like a heck of a lot.

I'm running the latest version of the iPhone app, so wondering if anyone can help advise what could be the problem here?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:transfer vault data

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Eluder99

I'm sorry for the trouble. I agree that it should not take long to copy 113 items. If you log in at https://my.1password.com/ do you see all of your items?

Please let me know.

Ben

• Eluder99
    Eluder99
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi @Ben, I do see the items, but my concern is, how do I know if they transferred properly? What if they're corrupt, I can't go check each and every one of them to make sure it's correct and it's a risk to assume they were successfully copied.

• Ben
    Options

@Eluder99

Without checking I suppose you couldn't really. But I can't say I've ever see the type of corruption you're talking about resulting from this type of migration.

Ben

• Eluder99
    Eluder99
    Community Member
    Options

That response doesn't exactly exude confidence Ben. I would likely just stick to my local 1password license and discontinue use of my trial; unless you have a suggestion on how else I can transfer the content successfully?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2018
    Options

@Eluder99

Is there any reason to believe that the transfer was not successful? Do you see the same number of items in the 1Password membership vaults as you have in your standalone vaults? I wish I had more to offer here in terms of reassurance but I don't see any reason to believe things wouldn't be satisfactory as-is at this point. If an item had been somehow corrupted it wouldn't appear in the membership vault at all.

You could delete the contents of the membership vaults and then copy the items over again, but that seems redundant without having any reason to do so. If you'd feel more comfortable that way though that would certainly be an option:

Move and copy items | 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.