license

I purchased 1PW pro and have been using it on my iOS devices and Windows PC for some time. I just got a new PC with Windows 10. I downloaded 1PW and now it says it is read only unless I have a license. It also did something that affected my syncing on my iOS devices. I don't know what is going on! Thanks for your help. I've been syncing with Dropbox. I don't know what version was on my old PC but the new one is 7.2.581.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:license

Comments

• @achrisvet: It sounds like you have a license for 1Password 4 for Windows. This will allow you install 1Password 4 for Windows on as many Windows devices as you own, but 1Password 7 for Windows is a paid upgrade from 1Password 4 and that's what you've snagged this go.  If you would like to continue using your current license, please uninstall 1Password 7 and install 1Password 4 from this link: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPW4

From there, you can open your existing vault by choosing "Used 1Password Before" on the Welcome screen and navigating to your vault's location. Don't forget to enter your license key as well. To do so, choose Help > Enter License Key in 1Password 4.

As for your sync issue, that's the migration to OPVault format. 1Password 7 only supports OPVault. Both your iOS devices and 1Password 4 for Windows can sync OPVault and the OPVault will be in the same location as your vault was previously. You can either point your iOS devices to that OPVault or you can rename the .legacyagilekeychain folder (also in the same location as your old vault) back to .agilekeychain and continue using that, if you prefer. I'd likely recommend the latter. OPVault is better in many ways, but if you're sticking with 1Password 4, it works a bit better with Agile Keychain in some cases.

Alternatively, if you'd like to upgrade to 1Password 7, let me know! I'd be happy to run through your upgrade options and help you get things set up. 🙂

• achrisvet
    achrisvet
    Community Member

Thank you. Everything is working now.

• Glad to hear it, @achrisvet! Enjoy and if I can do anything else to help, you know where to find me. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.