Options
michaeljbell
michaeljbell
Community Member

I use a Mac running the following:
- MacOS Mojave version 10.14.1
- Safari 12.0.1, with 1Password extension installed
- 1Password 7.2.2.
Since the upgrade to Mojave (circa 1 month ago), I have no longer been able to use the keyboard shortcut "Command + \" to pull up 1Password.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Michael

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave version 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Command+\ no longer works

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @michaeljbell! I'm sorry for the delay in our reply here, as well as for the trouble. Nothing's changed with respect to cmd+backslash being the proper keyboard combination to invoke the mini and Go & Fill. However, there are a few things that you might want to check. First of all, is 1Password 7 for Mac licensed via either a standalone license purchase of the new version or a 1password.com membership? If not, you'll see a "Read Only" banner on all your items in the main window of 1Password for Mac. If you've authorized (purchased) 1Password 7 for Mac and that's not the issue, check whether your browser(s) and 1Password 7 for Mac are all located in your main Applications folder. If they're not, they need to be, as we're now a fully-sandboxed application. Let me know if you're still having troubles.

• michaeljbell
    michaeljbell
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars.
    Thank you for the reply.
    It appears that 1Password is in a folder called "Applications", that within my user profile. i.e. user\applications\1password
    This "Applications" folder is distinct from the main "Applications" folder which i would characterize as being at: Macintosh HD\Applications.
    Do I just drag the 1Password app from the former to the latter?
    Much appreciated
    Michael

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michaeljbell - yep, that'll do it. Make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) first, then just drag it from one to the other (you'll need to provide an Admin password to modify the main Applications folder). Let us know how that works. :)

• michaeljbell
    michaeljbell
    Community Member
    Options

that worked! many thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michaeljbell - awesome! Glad I could help. :)

This discussion has been closed.