1Password slow on searches

This discussion was created from comments split from: Slow Search in Mac App.

Comments

• I'm having the same problem. Sent an email to the help team but have yet to hear back.
    Even after the search results return and I select an item the app hangs, then goes back to the screen I started from (usually "Categories"), hangs there for about 5-8 seconds and only then call sup the item I selected.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the new iOS password API . . . if it does, I'd rather just turn the damn thing off until Apple fixes it.

• Hi @pcerrato1pwdsupport

Do you have a 1Password subscription membership or are you using 1Password standalone? If the latter what sync option are you using: Dropbox or iCloud?

I don't suspect this has anything to do with iOS 12's Password AutoFill, but I'd like to gather some additional information before drawing any conclusions.

Please let me know.

Ben

• subscription

• Thanks @pcerrato1pwdsupport. We're currently investigating an issue that sounds very similar to this. I've added your feedback to our case for that issue. If we need additional information to help track the problem down we'll be in touch.

Ben

ref: apple-2652

• dryerase
    dryerase
    Community Member

I'm also having this problem. Subscription user with 1Password 7.2.2, iOS 12.1 on an iPhone SE.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2018

Thanks @dryerase. If you look in 1Password > Settings > Vaults do you see a "Primary" vault there?

Ben

• dryerase
    dryerase
    Community Member

Yes, there is a "Primary" vault under the "On My iPhone" heading section.

• I allow have a "Primary" vault which was the old vault I used before going to subscription mode. It is still set up to sync to dropbox.

• The Primary vault should be removed once all data has been migrated to 1Password.com. Not only will that almost certainly resolve this issue but it will also help prevent Master Password confusion in the future. Here's what I'd recommend:

1) Make sure you're able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/
    2) Make sure all of your data appears there
    3) Uninstall 1Password for iOS 4) Reinstall it: 1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store
    4) Sign in to your membership account

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.