Not Authorized to send Apple events to System Events

This discussion was created from comments split from: I can't open 1password with macOS Mojave!.

Comments

• woodsynitter
    woodsynitter
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have version 6.8.8 (688001) and recently installed Mojave. Am also getting this prompt because evidently I had an on screen prompt which asked me to allow "send Apple vents to System events" and I inadvertently said not to allow.

2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits one password_osx-helper/1password_autosubmit.scpt;141:157: execution error: Not Authorized to send Apple events to System Events. (-1743)

Can find anything on the internet to reverse what I have done and -1743 only seems to be recognized as a Windows error.

I thought I would reinstall the 1Password extension, but Safari Extensions now does not recognize 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@woodsynitter: Not quite. You're getting that because Apple no longer allows sending keystrokes like that with their latest OS and browser. You'll need to disable the autosubmit feature in 1Password Preferences > Browsers to avoid getting that error, since it simply cannot work going forward.

Regarding the extension, Apple has changed some things in Safari and the old extension (and therefore 1Password 6) won't work there much longer. For now you could install the extension from Apple's gallery:

https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

But note that Apple will not be accepting updates to that, and will be closing down the gallery going forward. So this will not work anymore. You'll either need to upgrade to 1Password 7, which works with the new Safari App Extensions, or use a different browser.

This discussion has been closed.