Feature request: Show password strength in Windows client

Options
dkmann
dkmann
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The browser client shows the password strength - this is a really helpful indicator.

Unfortunately, on the Windows client, the password strength is omitted from the item form.

Please can you consider adding the password strength to the Windows 10 client?

1Password Version: Windows 7.2.581
Extension Version: 1PasswordX 1.12.3
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, @dkmann! The item details in general are in need of some attention on Windows, so this is definitely something to keep in mind for the future. I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to the team. :chuffed:

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

On Windows app, you have Watch Tower section that already shows your weak passwords!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r1ma: That is correct, thanks for chipping in! :+1: However, Watchtower doesn't show you the strength of the passwords that you have in your vault. As Kate mentioned above, we are aware of this and have plans to improve it in the future.

Cheers,
    Greg

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg Thanks. I am eagerly waiting for the next update. Your friends told that the new version will have a new password generator for Windows app.
    Also I just noticed today that when emptying the trash, you have to Exit the app and then open it, so then you will see the trash got emptied.

• @r1ma: Although I do believe we'll end up making some changes to the password generator in the future, it's not something I know will be in the next update. Not to say it won't happen, just don't want to be making promises I'm not certain we can keep. The next update is planned to be performance-focused, so might be a few more before we get to something like that. Of course, still keep an eye out – you never know. :chuffed:

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Thank you.

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate @dkmann I just found that on 1P for Windows, you can see password strength in this way:
    Right click on the 1P icon in the Notifications area.

Select Password Generator.
    Then you will see the green bar in there like this:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, that works when generating new passwords. Unfortunately you can't just paste any old password in there to see its strength. We'll definitely be adding password strength in the item details in a future update -- much more convenient. :)

This discussion has been closed.