Master Password - Keeps asking

Using 1Password on Windows 10. New install. every time i try using 1password through the icon on toolbar of Chrome or IE, I enter the master Password.
Then anytime, regardless of actual time, I come back and click on the toolbar icon, I am asked again for MP.

Is there anyway to disable it from asking or changing the time frame.

I also use 1Password on my Mac and I have no such issues.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello, @lawyer111, and welcome to the forum! Could you help out with some additional detail? Specifically, what version of 1Password for Windows are you using and what version of the extension? For the extension, check in Chrome. Both IE and Edge use their own special versions, so the version in Chrome will be the most helpful. Thanks! :chuffed:

• lawyer111
    lawyer111
    Community Member

Chrome Ext 1.12.3
    1 Password for Windows 7.2.581
    1 Passwor for Internet Edge 7.2.583

Seems like problems is only happening when using Chrome Browser and extension.
    I changed thew main security settings to 12 hours and its seems to be working in Microsoft Explorer Edge but Chrome still asks for MP every time.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lawyer111,

It seems that you have our standard 1Password extension in Microsoft Edge (this extension communicates with 1Password 7 on your PC), but 1Password X in Chrome. 1Password X works entirely in your browser and it is independent from 1Password 7 app. Please try to install our standard extension instead of 1Password X and check if it works better for you. Here is the direct link to the extension in the Chrome Web Store. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    GReg

• lawyer111
    lawyer111
    Community Member

Yes. Thats fixed the problem.

However, I notice that when I use the chrome app ext, when I click on the icon in the toolbar I see the search box at top and the list of logins.
    In Edge extension, I see the search bar, but no logins. I need to manually click on the login icon on left to view them.
    Anyway to have Edge show the logins by default like in the Chrome extension?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lawyer111,

Our standard extension shows you the list of items based on the URL you are currently on. Try visiting the website first and then click 1Password icon in the browser. Moreover, you can fill your credentials on the websites even without clicking 1Password icon – just press Ctrl + \ on your keyboard. We have a step by step about it here:

Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC

Could you please give it a try and let me know if it suits your needs? Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.