Licenses and attachments

Options
sashk
sashk
Community Member

I need to come clean: I didn't fully move to the cloud and it's killing me. Why? When I moved first, my licenses got messed up. Not that data was lost — they were not the way I liked them in local vault: attachments are separate from records. and hard to find things. So I plan to spend some time soon cleaning up names of attachments to make them like: AppName-type.ext (where type — receipt, license file, or whatever).

But before I proceed — wondering how did you handle this move? Did you organize your attachments in any way?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sashk - in a 1password.com account, there are no attachments, that feature (uploading external file types) is called Documents in 1password.com accounts. I suspect you know that, just stating it for others who may find their way to this thread. I didn't particularly do anything up-front about altering attachment names, etc prior to converting them to Documents in 1password.com. But after the move, it's a great idea to switch to the Documents category and look at each one, then determine whether you want to have a) a link from one or more other items in 1Password TO that Document, b) a link from the Document TO other items (and no, it's not bi-directional; you can have an item that links to a document but not (if you open the Document item) a link on IT back to the other item), or c) both. Hope that's at least somewhat helpful.

This discussion has been closed.