1password can't fill on my.1password.com

Options

I suppose i appreciate the irony, but I for the life of me can't figure out how to get 1password to properly fill all THREE fields necessary to log in to my.1password.com.

I can get it to fill in the email and master password, OR i can get it to fill in the secret key and the master password. But never all three.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: 10.14.2 (beta)
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @instanttim,

This is probably the easiest way. I freshly saved Login item will also fill but it will incorrectly designate the secret key as the username which you probably don't want.

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and click the View Saved Form Details button.
    5. Replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    6. Save.

Do you find that works better?

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

I see what we did differently. You used the main records username/password for the email/masterpassword and then just put the secret key in the web form section. I was trying to keep the secret key in the main visible portion of the record, and have it obscured like a password but couldn't get that working. Yours works better, but i wish it wasn't hard to make a saved login for 1password inside of 1password :pirate:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @instanttim,

So a Login item saved in the browser using 1Password 7.2 would by default set the username to the secret key but we're considering that a bug but currently all it gets wrong is the username designation. That's why I find the above easier because the email address better suits being the username. For historical reasons you'll only ever see a username and password at the top, there isn't a way to have more fields displayed side by side. It also isn't possible to hide the secret key and still have it fill. The one type that will obscure the field is the password field but because we use a text field on the page that needs to match to ensure 1Password fills.

Once we get the designation bug sorted it should mean all a person needs to do is save a new Login item in the browser as you're right, we should make things work properly on our own page.

This discussion has been closed.