Where can I download 1Password 4 for Windows? I have a standalone license I wish to use.

I purchased 1Password for Windows v4 back in 2015. I have the original invoice with the license key, however, the embedded link leads to the current version of 1password, which seems to be wholly subscription-based. I prefer not to subscribe, instead I would like to continue using the traditional model. Can you please link me to where I can download the standalone license version of 1password. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @johnpith,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

Is there a particular reason why you prefer local vaults? Please let us know. :) As for your question, you can still download 1Password 4 from our Downloads page, but here is the direct link:

Get 1Password 4 (standalone version)

I hope it helps. I will be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• johnpith
    johnpith
    Community Member

I have always been satisfied using DropBox as the means for sharing the vault across multiple platforms. Switching to a subscription cloud-based vault when I already have a static license solution that meets my requirements doesn't justify the cost.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Absolutely. I'd feel the same way, except that I'm not the only one in my household who can benefit from 1Password. And not everyone gets the same perverse joy I do out of setting up sync and sharing for individual vaults across multiple devices (and updating — for some reason I love updating). Dropbox is a great tool, but I'm glad there's an alternative available for those who'd prefer not to deal with the technical burden. Cheers! :)

• brenthayes
    brenthayes
    Community Member

I had 1Password 6 as a standalone and it worked great. My computer crashed and I'm trying to get 1Password 6 reloaded on my computer. Can anyone help me with that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brenthayes: Sure! If you're using a 1Password.com account, all of your encrypted data is stored (and backed up) on the server, so all you need to do is sign into your account to setup the app:

How to add your 1Password account to the apps

That's it!

However, if you've been using the standalone 1Password app(s), you'll need to sync your data from another device or transfer it over manually from the old computer.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• glennmaitree
    glennmaitree
    Community Member

The 1Password stand alone for Windows is actually not a stand alone, because I need to sign and have a secret key.
    So iow it's a browser version....

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @glennmaitree,

Could you please specify what version of 1Password you downloaded? Is it 1Password 4 or 1Password 6? You can download a standalone version of 1Password for Windows (1Password 4) from here and you do not need to have an account with Secret Key there. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• DickFelter
    DickFelter
    Community Member

Greg
    You gave the same advice to me when you replied to our email in customer support. Now I see in this support forum you have given the same "link" to 1Password 4 to 2 different comments. Just so you know the link you are giving ends up directing the person to a page which does not work. It goes to a page which displays " 404 not found ".
    Dick

• cpietro
    cpietro
    Community Member

Dick,
    I need 1Password4 as well. New Laptop and all. Your right, Greg's link does not work. Try this one, https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4 and download build 625, not 626 (404 not found). When you install 625 it will prompt you to upgrade to 626.

I would suggest you keep a copy of the install file as you never know how long it will be downloadable. Agilebits is trying really hard to sell version 7, which has no local vault option.

Chuck

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DickFelter and @cpietro, sorry for the troubles.

We have temporarily removed the link to the latest version of 1Password 4 for Windows from our Downloads page, as we are investigating an issue with it. There is nothing wrong with 1Password 4 for Windows, so you can download 4.6.2.625 and then update to 4.6.2.626. Let me know how it works for you, as we are always here for you.

@cpietro: It seems that there is a confusion happening in regards to 1Password 7 for Windows. It supports both 1Password accounts and local vaults. If you are not interested in 1Password account, you can purchase a new standalone license for 1Password 7 (it is a paid upgrade) and use it with a local vault. If you have any additional questions, I will be happy to answer them. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.