Why will 1Password not autofill password to bank website/

I created a 1password for a credit card for Chase bank at the following website: https://www.chase.com/

I select from my 1password account "open and fill" from the website label on 1password. It will autofill the username but not the password. Why?

Thanks for your assistance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @golazo08,

I'm somewhat surprised if 1Password is filling the username. The way that open-and-fill works is 1Password passes the URL to the extension and the extension loads the page. Once we receive the page loaded event from the browser we look for the presence of a password field to indicate things are ready to fill. Where things get tricky is there is no concept of a page ready event and the page loaded one just means the initial resources have all been retrieved. We try to counter this by checking and waiting and rechecking but we have to put some limitation on how long. When I load the Chase page it takes a number of seconds before it eventually loads, it's really slow or at least for me. The delay is longer than the extension is willing to repeat the check and so it eventually decides there isn't anything to fill.

We definitely need to put limits on how long and how frequently the extension scans the page looking for something to fill after open-and-fill is initiated. It's about finding the sweet spot where it caters for those pages that like to slowly display the page without resulting in any sort of undesirable behaviour. Chase does feel like it takes an excessive amount of time though.

Even if open-and-fill isn't going to play nicely you should find 1Password will fill the page if you use the fill keyboard shortcut. On the Mac it's ⌘\ and on Windows it's ctrl + \. Hopefully you find that for the majority of pages with a dedicated sign-in page that open-and-fill does also perform the fill.

This discussion has been closed.