Autofill username/password on first page, decryption key on second page

I have a Proton Mail account that requests a Username and Password on the first page of the log in, then a "mailbox password" on the second page - a decryption key. I have entries saved on 1Password, but I find that annoying - can I not somehow consolidate these items into a single entry and have it auto-fill both the first and second page? I have something similar for MidFirst Bank (which requires a "Company ID" and a "Username" followed by a password on the second page. I can't get that to work here though - I suspect it's because the "mailbox password" on the second page of the Proton Mail log in is somehow labeled in a way 1Password has a hard time seeing? I don't know.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Max OS 10.14.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Autofill second password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @IndyHCKM,

I'm all for trying to streamline but in the case of Proton I strongly recommend sticking with the separate Login items due to the two password fields spread over the two pages. Keeping them separate means you can also more easily change either password and have 1Password update the item correctly, something that can't be done if you're trying to store two passwords in a single item. It really would just end in a lot of frustration and annoyance so I do hope to dissuade you on this occasion.

This discussion has been closed.