Problems with Firefox

This discussion was created from comments split from: So confused... about 1Password now.

Comments

• degrey
    degrey
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

I am having this same problem with Firefox after it updated. My whole family uses the standalone app and now you're saying we're going to have to buy in to another subscription in order to keep access to our passwords in the browser?

We were not notified about this at all prior. It feels bad. This is basically a dark pattern.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @degrey,

I've split your comment away from the other thread because I don't believe they're related at all. The other user wanted a way to use 1Password on a Chromebook and as the only extension that would work in that situation is 1Password X that means that particular user needs to consider moving to a 1Password account. Nobody is forced to create a 1Password account and on platforms where we've had licences in the past such as macOS and Windows we still have licences as an option with the new 1Password 7 released this year.

If you're having trouble with Firefox let's try the following and see how we get along.

1. Make sure Firefox is reporting that it is up-to-date. Mozilla's support page Update Firefox to the latest version can help with this if you're unsure.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Launch 1Password and unlock.
    4. Launch Firefox and test the extension.

It's quite possible these steps won't help but worst case scenario we have a nice clean starting point so if something has been logged that explains why Firefox isn't working with 1Password then it should be fresh in the logs and easy to locate. In order to do this I would like to review a diagnostic report so can you create one please and send it in. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

This discussion has been closed.