To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 1password 6 for mac and I purchased a windows laptop how to i use it on both types of compute

Options
BigDaddy1969
BigDaddy1969
Community Member

I have a mac and use 1password 6 for mac and I purchased a windows computer how do I use it on both system

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1password 6 for mac and I purchased a windows laptop how to i use it on both types of compute

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

If you have a stand-alone licence for the Mac, then you need to buy a separate licence for Windows. The licence will not expire but does not cover major upgrades.

If you have a subscription, then this covers all platforms, and all versions. 1PW is currently on version 7.

The subscription runs cheaper than a licence when you have both Mac and Windows, and has some extra features that require a sub to work. See https://support.1password.com/why-membership/

• Hello @BigDaddy1969,

@danco is correct, if you have a stand alone license for 1Password 6 for Mac, then you won't be able to use the same license on your Windows machine. You can purchase a license for 1Password 7 for Windows or you can start a membership account.

This discussion has been closed.