How does 1PW IOS autofill search criteria work?

PaulRaff
PaulRaff
Community Member

When I am completing a login on my Iphone and I get to the password field the options that are presented have nothing to do with the site that I am logging into. If I hit search it gives me a short list of sites but never the one I'm looking for. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:IOS Autofill matching criteria

Comments

• Hi @PaulRaff,

This one likely isn’t on you — it’s on us. The search currently available in 1Password for iOS for the Password AutoFill function uses what we call “fuzzy search.” Fuzzy search is great when properly implemented because you can find items when you don’t know the exact ordering of things. The difficulty is that the current implementation of fuzzy search is a little too fuzzy. We have plans to address that.

Thanks.

Ben

• PaulRaff
    PaulRaff
    Community Member

Is there any update to this? Very annoying when trying to fill in passwords for apps on my iphone.

• @PaulRaff

This was addressed in v7.2.2. :)

Ben

• PaulRaff
    PaulRaff
    Community Member

I am running 7.2.2 and I’m still having this problem. The suggested matches are not correct, ok but why when I fill in what I"m looking for, nothing matches? I'm not sure how to explain this but I can’t understand why I seem to be the only one complaining about this.

• @PaulRaff

If the difficulty you're experiencing wasn't resolved by updating to 7.2.2 then I may have misunderstood what the original problem was; sorry about that. Please try this for me:

1. Navigate to https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin
    2. Fill your credentials for this site in
    3. Tap on the key icon at the top of the keyboard
    4. Select "1Password"
    5. Select the option to create a new login

After doing so when you navvigate to https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin does Password AutoFill suggest the login item you created above?

Ben

• PaulRaff
    PaulRaff
    Community Member

Nope. When I go to https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin and click on the "key icon Passwords" above the keyboard it gives me a list of about 15 logins but none for your site. I can hit the square with the arrow pointing up in the upper right corner and it go to 1psw that way and it offers me the correct login that way. But my problem is with sites that don't have the square+arrow in the upper right corner. I have picture to show what's happening on my iphone but can't see how to upload them here.

• @PaulRaff

In the Settings app under Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Password do you have any servces besides 1Password checked? If so please uncheck them.

Ben

• PaulRaff
    PaulRaff
    Community Member

Bingo! Thank you!

• Glad to hear that helped. :+1: If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.