Slow loading of data on iPhone using 1password sync

Options
paulcredmond
paulcredmond
Community Member

I upgraded from 1Password 6 and am very disappointed with 1Password 7 so far. When syncing to Dropbox with 6, everything worked fine. I'm now syncing to 1password.com and it takes logins about 10-30 seconds to load the data when I select an item. Any idea why this is happening? I recorded a video I could perhaps share with a team member showing the behaviour if that's useful.

I have an iPhone 7 Plus. Other details below.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @paulcredmond

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. If you look in 1Password > Settings > Vaults do you see a Primary vault listed?

Ben

• paulcredmond
    paulcredmond
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, yep I do have that.

• Ben
    Options

That is almost certainly the source of the difficulty then. If you sign in at https://my.1password.com do you see all of your items? If you do please remove the Primary vault from each device:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

You can skip step #1 if you're already signed into your membership account on each device.

Ben

• paulcredmond
    paulcredmond
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, looks like that fixed it. I assumed it was a network thing. Are the vaults from 1password.com cached on the device you're using or they're retrieved when you select an item? I thought there was a network delay or something. Why does having another vault synced elsewhere cause such a delay?

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

@paulcredmond

1Password.com vaults are cached on each device you sign into your account on. As for why having a Primary vault seems to be causing this issue -- our development team is researching that. Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that at the moment.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.