To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to start over, having forgotten my master password?

Options
axiom7
axiom7
Community Member

Mac OS, iOS.

1Password 7 on my Mac. I changed my password and promptly forgot it. Have tried to find backups on the filesystem of my Mac - no joy. I know I have to "Reset All 1Password Data" (per 1Password 7 Help/TroubleShooting), but I don't know how I will start over if I don't know my master password. I am a subscriber and pay you through Apple each month.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2 (70202006)
OS Version: OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:lost password

Comments

• rob
    Options

Hi, @axiom7. I'm sorry to hear you've forgotten your Master Password. If you'd like to delete your account entirely and create a new one, send us an email at support+forum@agilebits.com, and we'll help you get things sorted.

• axiom7
    axiom7
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent the email. Thanks.

• axiom7
    axiom7
    Community Member
    Options

This is not working. I replied in email that I remembered my OLD password. Then I get an email at 0300 MDT (USA!) that clearly shows the analyst had not read my email, as he was telling me he was happy that I remembered my password and that I could now login. Also, this analyst is in Scotland! So I can't expect him to respond to me for another 10-12 hours. This is not working.

• Ben
    Options

It appears Duncan has been in touch with you this morning. Let's please continue the conversation there. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.