Sedo.com login makes 1Password very slow...

Options
DmitryIvanov
DmitryIvanov
Community Member

After I've added the Sedo.com login, 1Password became very slow when coming across it.

I've turned off the Watchtower, but some lags seem to be there anyway.

For example, when I'm trying to log in on Sedo.com, 1Password become "not responding" for a while.

Even if I only view my logins in the Vault, it takes additional time for 1Password when it meets Sedo.com login.

I've never had such kind of problems with other entries in the Vault.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2 (70202006)
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sedo.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @DmitryIvanov! sedo.com has 970 different fields 1Password has to consider when deciding what to fill. No, I'm not kidding. It's easy for us as humans to look at our screens and say "well, those two fields," but 1Password doesn't have our heuristic capability, which is why it slows a bit.

You might try replacing sedo.com with https://sedo.com/auth/login?locale=en_US - this is their dedicated login page in English, and has a much more-manageable 5 fields.

• DmitryIvanov
    DmitryIvanov
    Community Member
    Options

sedo.com has 970 different fields 1Password has to consider when deciding what to fill.

Wow! I can't even imagine what kind of 970 fields can be used to provide authentication based on login and password :)

Anyways, thank you, @Lars!

I think this is something to think about in the new releases.

• cbrendel
    cbrendel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I am having the exact same issue. This is very, very strange. Have never experienced this on ANY other side but Sedo.com / Sedo.de
    Let us know if we can / should provide log files or similar.
    Best
    Christian

• cbrendel
    cbrendel
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, just saw the replies now cause my content blocker was blocking them. so nothing else can be done here I guess?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cbrendel - well, you can switch to the alternate, direct sign-in I provided in my reply to @DmitryIvanov -- that one should be much less slow, due to the smaller number of fields. But if you must use the main sedo.com page, then no, there is nothing we can do to make them change the (in my opinion) absurdly high number of fields on that page.

• DmitryIvanov
    DmitryIvanov
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars, ok, got it. Thank you for your explanations!

But why does 1Password is slow even while browsing through the Vault's items when it meets "Sedo"?

I mean, if I open 1Password, go to "Logins" category and press "Up" and "Down" buttons for navigation...

It runs fast through any login, but not the "Sedo".

Why does it slow here too?

• Ben
    Options

@DmitryIvanov

Have you tried saving a new login item for Sedo on the page Lars recommended and deleting the old one?

How to save a Login manually in your browser | 1Password

If 1Password has to decrypt and come up with a display based on 970 fields that could indeed be a very slow process.

Ben

• DmitryIvanov
    DmitryIvanov
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Thank you!

I've deleted an old login and created a new one with the link that @Lars suggested.

It works great now. 1Password is fast while "logging in" and while browsing the Vault items.

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DmitryIvanov - glad to hear it! On behalf of both Ben and myself, you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.