To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Cannot switch to individual account

Options
dqniellew
dqniellew
Community Member

Hi, I recently commenced a trial of a 1password family account, but have decided that an individual account would suit me better. I tried to switch to an individual account but when I opted for the individual account option, the following message appeared:

"Failed to switch to individual account.
An individual account with this email address already exists."

Prior to the present trial I have never previously held a 1password account of any kind so I'm very confused about this message. When I installed 1password, I did this by installing the family account first via the 1password website on my personal computer and then I installed the 1password App on my iPhone. The version of 1password that I'm using is 7.2.2.

I'd really like to continue my trial of 1password with just a single individual account. Can you please help?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

What Anap outlined does indeed sound like the situation. So that we can confirm (or deny) and assist going forward please reach out to us via email at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your 1Password account. When you do so you'll get a support ID back from BitBot. Please post that ID here so that we can assist. Thank you.

Ben

• britdavis
    britdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

I am having this same issue. I'm currently in my trial period with a family account but would like to continue with a individual account. Please advise.

Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @britdavis

Please see the instructions I posted above:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/476632/#Comment_476632

Once you post your support ID here we'll be able to better assist. Thanks!

Ben

• britdavis
    britdavis
    Community Member
    Options

ID is [#HKN-82756-234]

• britdavis
    britdavis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Following up on assistance required to change to an individual account. ID number as requested is above.

Thank you,

• Thanks @britdavis, we'll follow up over email!

This discussion has been closed.