Default suggested password

Omar Shahine
Omar Shahine
Community Member

Hi-

My family has about 6 Apple IDs and I have one for work. I only use one. How can I only have 1P suggest (in Safari via the extension on iOS) the one I am using? For example it always suggests my wife's Apple ID not mine even if I have my email entered in the email field.

The setting to not suggest a password in the browser seems to have no bearing on iOS auto fill passwords

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Omar Shahine

Thanks for taking the time to write in. First: I think it is a great idea to have Password AutoFill obey the "display in browser" setting on items, and I think that may be feasible, so I'll suggest that to the development team. That said, even if we do end up doing that, it may be some time before we see that. For now what I would recommend is adding the item you want to be suggested in the Quick Type bar as a favorite.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Omar Shahine
    Omar Shahine
    Community Member

Got it. The fav suggestion isn't going to solve this for me as my wife and I keep our Apple IDs in our "Shared" Vault and both of them are marked as favorite and as such we both see our own passwords there.

Thanks for taking my suggestion

• Gotcha. Another request we're evaluating is having favorites be per-person, rather than per-vault, but that is likely a longer term project due to the complexity of the change required. Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.