Problem Autofilling username at Wyzant.com

Hi, I've noticed this problem for a while now, and decided to finally ask about it. (Hopefully I'm submitting this question in the right place/way in the forum!)

When trying to auto-fill and sign-in on Wyzant.com, the password will fill but the username remains blank. I then have to manually insert the username.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @userhj,

Can you try manually saving a new Login item for me please using the steps outlined on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. I tested saving and filling in both 1Password 7 for Mac and Windows and both test items filled both fields. I'm hoping a new Login item works as well for you as it appears to for me.

• userhj
    userhj
    Community Member

Hm, Interesting. That seemed to fix it! Thanks so much!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @userhj,

I'm not sure why the older item isn't working but at least a new one is :smile: If you come across any other tricky sites please let me know.

• userhj
    userhj
    Community Member

Of course! For future reference / future readers, the only things I can imagine are different is the following:

(1) the "new" login lists "https://www.wyzant.com/login" as the website, whereas the old one just had "https://www.wyzant.com/",
    (2) the "new" login has automatically added a bunch of seemingly arbitrary values saved into the "web form details" section of the login entry in 1password,
    (3) I had imported the "old" login entry from another password manager (LastPass), so there's a chance something weird got transferred.

Hopefully this can explain the situation to anyone else that may have a similar issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @userhj,

As the difference in the URL is only in the path, the bit after the actual domain, it will only affect open-and-fill rather than filling. I did suspect it was something related to importing but I just tried creating a Login item outside of the browser and it failed to fill the username field as well. Something in all the extra details stored by saving a Login item in the browser was enough to help 1Password get things right.

This discussion has been closed.