Should I be regretting Signing Up for the 1Password Trial?

Options
StanTheMan
StanTheMan
Community Member

I have signed up for the 30 Day Trial and wondering if this, given the present state of my 1P system, was a sensible thing to do.

I am finding too many Logins previously used regularly for a very long time cease to be functional after jumping aboard this new Subscription version of 1Password.

Example, my Mobile Telephone Service provider contacted religiously at least once per month to download and review their Bill.
The first time of use under this new system did not even recognise the first three characters that I have typed in so many times before.
Why, simple the entry, when discovered, only held a Password. What happened to the rest of the information?

Unfortunately this tale of woe extends to more of my Password Records than I care to think about right now.

First and foremost I need to recover the messed up Data, continuing the Trial will have to wait. However there is no way that I will allow this to become a Contract until it can be proven to work for me. I appreciate that many people have not had such a bad experience but as Chief Supporter and Fund Raiser of the StanTheMan Preservation Society there are no alternatives to either sorting or going. This situation became mission critical this morning when I was locked out of an Account holding some of my Medical Records, needed for an appointment at my local Health Care Centre. Thank goodness for my iPad and PDFs.

I hope somebody here will be able to assist with sorting, urgently.

Thanks for your time, best regards, StM

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018
    Options

@StanTheMan - I'm sorry for the trouble -- though I did get a smile out of "Chief Supporter and Fund Raiser of the StanTheMan Preservation Society." :)

You list your sync type as iCloud in your post, but if you've created a 1password.com trial account, then your data are being synced via the 1password.com servers, not iCloud...unless you've retained your Primary vault at the same time. A lot depends on how you did this: did you create this new 1password.com account as part of upgrading to 1Password 7 for Mac? Or did you just decide to try out an account, and sign up on the web at the main 1Password sign-up page, and then add your account into an existing 1Password setup?

If you did the former, 1Password should've offered to import your data into the new account you created...but it should've been imported intact, not missing information. Because it sounds as if that's not what happened, to get a better idea of what did happen, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/98969/should-i-be-regretting-signing-up-for-the-1password-trial#latest
    • Your forum username: @StanTheMan

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• StanTheMan
    StanTheMan
    Community Member
    Options

Response sent in the early [UK] hours this morning.
    Also noted when stating up just now that the Display needs a new Nvidia Driver that is not yet available.
    After sending my message to you at Support opening 1P on my phone showed everything for my Mobile Service provider OK.
    Regards,

StM

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StantheMan - So, I'm not quite sure what you're telling me, here. Did the fact that you were a version or two out of date with video drivers account for the problem? Did fixing that mean resolution of the problem? Or do you still need assistance?

• StanTheMan
    StanTheMan
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about the confusion.
    I am at present setting up the newly arrived Display Monitor and it is much easier to navigate now.
    The type and Dock that was squashed vertically, may not be noticeable by the recipient, and has now normalised for me.
    There is still the flickering problem with the Graphics Driver.
    The items mentioned above are to advise you of parallel problems that impact my use of the computer.
    But none of the above fall under 1P remit/responsibility but they are additional to the 1P problem that still exists.

1. So that we understand each other I am assuming that you are aware of the route taken to get here:
      1Pv6 was on earlier Mac Pro that was not capable of running 1Pv7 > Switched to newer Mac Pro and Signed Up to 1Password Trial > Allowed/enabled it to download 1Pv7 and do its thing > Have now got a messed up set of Data.

2. I also assume that you have received the Diagnosis Report.

3. The base problem can be seen in the example of my Mobile Phone Service:
      It was, prior to installing 1P Trial, functioning reasonably and caused me nil problems when logging in several times every month to my Account
      **Under the 1P Trial only the Password was available on the Log In Card the UserName/eMail Address was absent
      This Password with the addition of my UserName/eMail Address proved to be unacceptable
      I corrected this IIRC by requesting a Password and once set up afresh using it with my UserName/eMail Address
      Following an Apple Update to High Sierra the Log In detail was back to **
      Visiting the same 1P Log In on my iPhone revealed that the information there is complete, but I have been too busy to verify whether it will allow me to access the Account, given that the web site registered details may have been altered by my actions on the newer Mac Pro

4. 3, above, can be multiplied many times over for other different Log Ins that also fail because of similar problems

Notably some Log Ins are fully functional:
      1P probably due to the fact that it was entered Post the move to the newer Mac Pro?
      PayPal, fortunately, avoided any hold up with acquiring the New Monitor but was definitely present pre the Mac Pro switch

I trust that this will assist to advance a resolution.
    Thanks again for your time, best regards, StM

• StanTheMan
    StanTheMan
    Community Member
    Options

The enlargement and emboldening in Item #4 was not present whilst composing the Post and appears as it does unintentionally.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StanTheMan - if you can post the Support ID number I asked for earlier here, that will help a lot. It will be in the automated response you'll have received from our BitBot assistant. Thanks. :)

• StanTheMan
    StanTheMan
    Community Member
    Options

Is this the Number your need:

Support ID: [#GKY-71938-691]

Very sorry for the oversight, too used to this sort of Reference being part and parcel of the Subject Line.
    If it was input by the 'Bot' it could be available for every connected message?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@StanTheMan - I've replied to you via email; let's keep the conversation going that way, since it will likely include details of your personal 1Password setup which should not be in this public forum. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.