Selectively disable 1Password X based on URL patterns

Hello,

I regularly work with Web UI interfaces, and one of them is somewhat messed up by 1Password X, because there are pop-up selection combo menus, and all of them get automatically spread out whenever a page is loaded, instead of waiting for the user to click or select the menu. I can send you by private message a couple of screenshots for you to see the difference with and without 1PX.

Unfortunately, since this is a private Web UI with a local IP address, I can't provide a sample page for you to test. So it would be a very welcome addition if, as a workaround, you include an option to blacklist sites by using URL patterns on which 1PX would not be activated. Sounds fair?

Thanks a lot. Regards,

Diego

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.8.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @noqued,

That sounds completely fair and it's something we'd love to implement. We've been really wanting to redesign the settings page to allow for more customization, but frankly, it just hasn't made it to the top of our list. I'll see what I can do to get the ball rolling as this is a feature that I'd love to use as well.

Thanks for bringing it up and I hope you have a delightful weekend.

-Beyer

• birdonfire
    birdonfire
    Community Member

+1 to this request.

In my case, this would be most useful when browsing lastpass.com, which my company uses for password sharing. Every time I view a saved password in lastpass, the 1password extension prompts me to save the login, which I just don't want to do. I'd love to be able to prevent this behavior somehow.

That said, I DO still use 1password to manage my master password for lastpass itself, so ideally I could still auto-fill that somehow.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@birdonfire: It doesn't sound like you're talking about 1Password X, which is the topic of this discussion, as it has no autosave capability.

I guess you're using the 1Password desktop app and its extension. Unfortunately we can't really have it both ways there. ;) It's 1Password's job to offer to save login credentials when doesn't have them saved alread. You can, however, disable autosave if you wish. Manual saving will still be available. Cheers! :)

• birdonfire
    birdonfire
    Community Member

Ayyy @brenty, my mistake! Reading fail :(

Thank you for the generosity of the helpful reply though!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @birdonfire – no worries at all. We're here to help! :)

• leland
    leland
    Community Member

+1 for URL blacklisting

I'm a developer and would appreciate having the option to prevent 1Password X from modifying my page's HTML (especially on localhost).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Leland: You can disable the inline features and just use the toolbar button:

Does that help?

• leland
    leland
    Community Member

Thanks for the tip @brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Not something most people would want to do, since it's handy to use 1Password right in login forms, but it sounds like it might be helpful in your case. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.