any chance of recovering data from "notes" in 1 password free?

I am pretty sure this is not just a longshot but a dumb question but I have to ask.

I had 1 password free installed on my iphone 6, and just never upgraded my iOS (not sure exactly what I was running but I think it was the last one that supported 1 password free as an app?). I only used the app to keep account numbers etc in the "Notes" section. I kept meaning to upgrade but (of course) never got around to it. Now my phone has died and it seems my chance of accessing the old version of the app are gone, along with the old iOS, but I wondered if there was any way of getting the data that I had in notes if I upgraded to a newer version of the app perhaps?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1p free to 1p7

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Doh: It's hard to say for certain without more details, but if you have 1) the encrypted data from 1Password and 2) the Master Password needed to decrypt it, there may be a way to recover it. When you say "my phone has died", that weakens my hope. But I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly. Do you have an iTunes backup of the device? What version of 1Password were you using there?

• Doh
    Doh
    Community Member

Thanks. I have an itunes backup, but I had to turn in the device itself. I only had 1Password installed on the phone-- itunes seems to indicate it was 3.5.9.ipa.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Doh: Thanks for letting me know. The odds are not in your favour, since that is an outdated version even of 1Password 3 (version 3.7.2 was the latest, and the only one still available); but I'll be more than happy to work with you to see if it is possible to recover the data. I'll shoot you an email shortly and we'll go from there.

ref: RXV-52285-393

This discussion has been closed.