Bug with Form elements that have the word "Token" as part of the ID name

If a form element has ID's containing "Token" the browser extension will put in the TOTP instead of the username and password.

All of the form elements have idToken1, idToken2, etc. I have been using the login page for two years and the recent Beta installed is now putting in the TOTP for the user/pass. I cannot provide a link to the form (internal access only) but I can take screen captures of the HTML. Below is the username form element.

1Password 7
Version 7.2.2.BETA-2 (70202002)
AgileBits Beta

1Password Version: 7.2.2.BETA-2 (70202002)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Taz77,

Does the same happen if you save an entirely new Login item and try filling with that? I'm thinking of the steps outlined on How to save a Login manually in your browser. You'll need to add the TOTP field after saving the new Login item to see if the behaviour is consistent. The reason I ask is while I can't think of a form I could test with, I took a random sign-in form that had three fields and altered the IDs to mimic what you've described. Even with a TOTP field present it filled the three fields correctly. As I'm sure you understand, steps to reproduce will make a big difference when filing an issue and any following investigation to figure out what is going on.

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

Yeah I been avoiding having to setup TOTP again, this site is a pain in the rear.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Taz77,

In theory you can skip actually setting up 2FA on the site, all you should need to do is add a one-time password field to the Login item. Basically it will attempt to parse any string so literally the character a would be sufficient to have 1Password generate a code. We should be able to test 1Password's failure without any actual changes to your account. I hope that makes the test I requested a bit easier.

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

To resurrect this discussion, I decided to create a new login item under a new name. Before adding the TOTP field everything was working good. I was using TOTP from the old login item. After a few weeks, I decided to finally reconfigured the TOTP on the site and add the field to the new login item. Once the TOTP field was added to the item the old behavior came back that I described in my first post. I have two Mac's and it happens on both.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Taz77,

It doesn't have to be in our public support forum if you prefer but whether it's here or via email how would you feel about sharing the URL for the sign-in form, assuming it is accessible. Given how easily you're able to reproduce I'd like to test and file a report.

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables what email should I use?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Taz77,

If you use support+extension@1password.com and mark it for the attention of me it will make its way to the right person :smile:

• Taz77
    Taz77
    Community Member

Done and sent!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Taz77,

I've located your email and I'll get back to you shortly with anything I learn :smile:

ref: ZQY-44278-529

This discussion has been closed.