Im unable to log into 1PW on my iPhone XR yet same Master Password logs into iPad

jclan
jclan
Community Member

Out of the blue this morning when attempting to log into 1PW on my iPhone XR, it demanded the Master Password when face recognition had been working great. But it will not accept the Master Password. This same Master Password logs into the same 1PW account on my iPad. After multiple attempts, iPhone restarts and web searches, I’m at a loss!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018

Hi @jclan,

Are you using a 1Password membership? If so the issue is likely that you still have a Primary vault on more or more of the devices. Having such a vault can cause such issues. Are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com and if so is all of your data available to you there? If it is I'd recommend uninstalling 1Password for iOS and reinstalling it. That will remove the Primary vault from that device.

Ben

• jclan
    jclan
    Community Member

I don’t have a Secret Key, so that’s not an option for me. Any other suggestions?

• @jclan

How are you syncing your 1Password data?

Ben

• jclan
    jclan
    Community Member

To dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jclan: Then you'll need to choose the Dropbox option under "Already using 1Password?" and select the same vault you're using as the Primary on your other device(s). If you select a different vault, that Master Password won't work.

This discussion has been closed.