How can I import my data from my old 1Password4 to my brand new 1Password7.2.581?

Options

I have the old data file on my desktop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I import my data from my old 1Password4 to my brand new 1Password

Comments

• philupo
    philupo
    Community Member
    Options

My old password $ Stopped showing the fast icon on my tool bar when i connect to a web site.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @philupo,

Thank you for getting in touch! If you have already installed 1Password 7 on your PC and added your account there, please try to do the following instead:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 7 app on your PC.

2) Go to 1Password > Import.

3) Select Agile Keychain or OPVault folder option and find your old local vault that you used in 1Password 4.

4) Enter the Master Password for that vault, select your Personal vault as the vault your data will be imported into and click Import.

5) Let me know how it goes.

Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• philupo
    philupo
    Community Member
    Options

Your directions worked very well. I still cannot find the 1Password icon on my toolbar when I try to access my online accounts.

• @philupo: Did you uninstall the 1Password extension when removing 1Password 4, by chance? The extension is the source of that icon and, if you did remove it, you can find links to the extension for each supported browser here:

https://1password.com/downloads/windows/#browsers

Note that we no longer support Internet Explorer so you won't see an option for that browser, but we do support Microsoft Edge. :+1:

• philupo
    philupo
    Community Member
    Options

Everything seems to be working now. Many thanks.

• No trouble at all! Enjoy! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.