[Bug] Using a saved login record fails since no matching login was found (konto.flatex.de)

Adding a new record for a login to a german financial broker website called flatex does not work. I tried this multiple times but these records can't be used once I logout and try to login again.
The saved URL looks odd but changing it manually does not help either. 1P simply does not fill in my credentials and does not even find a matching record.

URL: https://konto.flatex.de/banking-flatex/loginFormAction.do
1password saved URL: wyciwyg://1/https://konto.flatex.de/banking-flatex/loginFormAction.do

I guess some funny developer could read 'what you curl is what you get'. ;-)

1Password Version: 7.3.602
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: local vault

Comments

• Hey, @mort! I've moved your discussion to the saving and filling forum as 1Password for Windows is a bit behind the times at the moment. 7.3 is still using an older version of the filling brain so it may have a few filling issues we've already resolved. That said, I did go ahead and test it with 1Password for Mac and 1Password X, both of which are using the latest brain, and got two different results. With 1Password for Mac everything works perfectly and a normal-looking URL is saved. With 1Password X, I'm seeing the same as you are with 1Password for Windows – weird URL saved, no match found with the Login item I created using 1Password X nor the Login item that worked with 1Password for Mac.

Now, 1Password for Windows is much more likely to behave like 1Password for Mac, so I suspect you'll find this item saves, matches, and fills fine once we update to use the new brain that Mac has, but I wanted to still get your discussion to the right place and loop in the extensions team so that they can investigate further since we are seeing some inconsistencies here across platforms and extensions. :+1:

• mort
    mort
    Community Member

Thank you. I will recheck this page after I got the next update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your patience! 7.3 (currently in beta) has a lot of important performance improvements thanks to work we've been doing under the hood. We're hoping once that is out the door after testing we'll be able to concentrate on testing the new filling engine and some nice quality of life UI improvements next. Cheers! :)

• mort
    mort
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Happy new year. :)
    Now I do have the 1P version 7.3.648 and the FF browser plugin 4.7.3.90.

Unfortunately, the bug I described above still exists and there was no change to this behaviour.
    Next to that, you also messed up the shortcuts to fill in passwords and I am once again not able to use "Alt Gr + #" anymore on my german keyboard. I do not see why changes were needed here because that was better before.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@mort: You can find that information in the beta release notes:

1Password 7.3 Beta 6 is out with custom keyboard shortcuts support!

As I mentioned, we are not making changes to the filling engine in the middle of the beta cycle for 7.3, but you'll be among the first to see any improvements we make in this area in future versions. Thanks!

ref: opw/opw#3686

• mort
    mort
    Community Member

Oh, I think I messed something up and should have checked again which version Kate mentioned.
    Since it is still a 7.3.x I should have expected to still have the bug.

Thank you for the bug link about the keyboard shortcuts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! It's what we're here for. :) We're hoping to wrap up work on 7.3 soon, and then we'll evaluate what we need to prioritize next.

After discussing the specific website issue with colleagues, this isn't actually a 1Password for Windows thing at all. There are some idiosyncrasies with how Firefox in particular interact with the extension (this doesn't seem to happen with any other browsers), so we'll need to find a workaround in our extension's "Brain". If and when we can do that, it will be incorporated into future updates across all platforms.

This discussion has been closed.