To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No happy about subscription

Options
Vagawi
Vagawi
Community Member

I'm happily using 1 Password 6 but have just purchased a new Mac. I am not happy about the subscription - it has become the way of making more profit than the product is worth. Is there a way of downloading 1P 6 for my new Mac? If not then I'll go back to using my password database on the cloud likeI used to before password apps began. It's manual but it works.

1Password Version: v 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You don't have to subscribe.

You can continue using 1PW6 (OK short-term, but not recommended long-term), buy 1PW7, or subscribe (to 1PW7 and all future upgrades).

You don't say whether your 1PW is from the App Store or direct from AgileBits. If from the App Store, you should find 1PW6 in the Purchases tab of your account, but 1PW7 from the App Store is subscription only. If from AgileBits, then 1PW6 is available towards the bottom of the Downloads page. 1PW7 is the same product whether sub or licence, but you have to be careful NOT to click the big green Subscribe Now button but instead to click the small print line below that saying "Need a licence, we have those too".

There are advantages in a sub, and I would recommend that you look at https://support.1password.com/why-membership/ before deciding.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Vagawi! @danco sums it up nicely: you can continue using 1Password 6 for Mac, purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, or subscribe to a 1password.com membership. Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.