To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Vault confusion after subsciption and update.

RobV74
RobV74
Community Member

Hi,
Upgraded to 7.2.2 on my mac. And took an subscription account at 1password. Now I have 2 vaults on my IPAD and Iphone. Primary syncing on dropbox and a personal vault. Seems it shows both so everything is twice in my 1password. On my mac I have only 1 vault (personal). I deleted the old app. The sync tab in settings is gone, but it seems to sync with the phone and Ipad. But as I said everything doubled on my Ipad and Iphone. The personal vault has I believe the right number of entries. And I want that to sync with iphone and ipad through dropbox. How do I clean things up? And how do I make my sync process more transparent?

Thanks
Rob

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.1
Sync Type: dropbox?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Primary is the old vault, carried over from the licenced version. Personal is the new vault, part of the subscription. Things seem to be OK, with the Personal vault having all your items.

If you are happy with the personal vaults, you can just delete the primary vault. Best way to do that is Under Preferences > Advanced, uncheck the box saying "allow creation of vaults outside accounts".

With the subscription, syncing is automatic through 1password.com, so there is no sync option shown.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @RobV74! I'm sorry for the trouble. Using the instructions to migrate your data, the final step is to remove the older, standalone Primary vault on your other devices (iPad and iPhone).

The sync process should be as transparent as it gets: no more need for sync keychains in Dropbox or iCloud, you just sign into your 1password.com account on any device you want to use 1Password on...and it works. :) Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.