To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password.com vault empty after signing up with different master password

humongous
humongous
Community Member

After creating a master password on 1password.com, I was not asked to add an account or delete an old vault. I installed 1Password7 on both my mac and iPhone. Those appear to contain all of my data. Syncing was set WLAN because my employer will not allow employees to install Dropbox. In an attempt to populate 1password.com, I switched to Dropbox but got a "vault mismatch" error. I may have selected an old vault for syncing. I need help removing old vaults and populating 1password.com.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:signed up for subscription with different password vault empty

Comments

• Hey @humongous, I'm sorry for the trouble switching to a 1Password membership! We have a great guide that takes you step by step through the process: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

If you have specific questions along the way we'd be happy to help, however we'll need to help over email. Could you send us an email to support+forum@1password.com? Please include a link to this forum thread, and reply here with your Support ID that you'll receive in an automated email. That'll help us connect the dots.

• humongous
    humongous
    Community Member

Meek, I'm aware of the guide, but steps 2 and 3 assume 1Password asks to add a new account. I clicked on "add it manually" but that guide is titled "add your account to the app." I had no trouble adding my vault to the app though. My support ID is [#ZKZ-36419-264].

• Thanks for starting that ticket @humongous,

We will follow up with you there. Hopefully we can get you up and running soon.

This discussion has been closed.