To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't transfer vault from v4 to new membership account

Options
rmart33
rmart33
Community Member

I just started a trial of a family membership. I currently have 1Password4 on my Win10 PC which I sync to my IOS devices through Dropbox. I went through the steps on the migration FAQ and video. I was able to sign in on 1password.com. I went to "get apps". I installed 1Password7. I used the QR code to sign in but I was never prompted to transfer my vault. When 1password opens its a fresh vault. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: X 1.13
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't transfer items to membership

Comments

• Hey @rmart33, you're almost there! The next final step is to open up 1Password 7 for Windows and click 1Password > Import and select your .agilekeychain file from 1Password 4 in Dropbox. That'll import all your items and you should be all set!

• rmart33
    rmart33
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Meek,
    Thanks for the reply. Before I got your message I figured out that by deleting all the accounts in 1Password7 (apparently I had created a few in my failed attempts) and then starting over, I got the prompt to transfer and now everything is good to go.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear it. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.