To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Incomplete Install, No Secret Key, No Access

HI

I am trying to upgrade and have got as far as the "Migrate to Account" modal which locks the rest of 1Password.

This screen is in limbo. Now I could kill it but that would potentially screw all my data.

I tried logging in but it wants my secret key. I don't have a secret key - you didn't send one.

I can't get my secret key from the app because it is locked up.

I cant get it by logging in because login asks for a f&*king secret key.

All this because you won't update 6.

Have been using 1Password for years - this is enough to have me dump it from all my devices and go elsewhere - a completely useless upgrade experience, time I don't have.

Bloody annoyed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @andrew_waites.

You are given your Secret Key when first signing up for your account. If something went wrong with the initial sign up leaving you stuck, the best way to take care of it is to delete the account and try the process again. Since that deals with private information, though, we can't do that here. Send an email to support@1password.com and you will get a response containing your Support ID. Come back and post that here and we will be right with you.

This discussion has been closed.