Force 1Password Windows 10 to sync

Is there a way to force 1Password on Windows 10 to sync? On 1Password for Android, I have a "sync" function I can use to force a sync. On Windows, I have to restart my computer for 1Password only syncs then. Its really annoying when I add a password under Windows, and then have to restart the computer to make sure 1Password my Phone will be up to date.

1Password Version: 7.2581
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 1809
Sync Type: https://my.1password.com/signin

Comments

• @nhDOBsfc you can lock/unlock app to force sync. Hope that helps :)

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @nhDOBsfc,

Thanks for writing in.

There shouldn't be any reason for 1Password on Windows not picking up or pushing changes automatically for you. On mobile devices, this is handled differently because of system resources and limitations but we don't have either on the computers.

For Folder Sync, 1Password automatically monitors your folders for any changes and once detected, it'll wait 5 seconds before it sync. The reason for the delay is to wait for the sync tool to finish its job to avoid merging in changes too soon.

For 1Password account, 1Password uses a persistent passive connection to 1Password.com to know when something has changed. If this is not working, 1Password automatically sync every hour if there was no successful sync call. It does a full sync every unlock and app start.

Are you saying that on your PC, 1Password is not picking up anything automatically?

• nhDOBsfc
    nhDOBsfc
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

@MikeT

Yes, I am "saying that on [my] PC, 1Password is not picking up anything automatically." It has been this way a long time. Fortunately, it does not take that long to reboot with an SSD drive.

I participated in your Beta forums a couple of years ago, and realizing how long the interaction takes to fix something, I have felt like it was quicker to reboot than to do anything about it.

However, today, I updated something about an account I was about to head out to a brick and mortar store to negotiate. I tried to reboot my computer, and there were two Windows updates pending. They were really slow updates, despite having six cores, 4 GHz, two SSDs, and a gigabit Verizon FiOS connection. And so I took the time to write you about it.

I agree it should be automatic. I suggest you should have a manual sync button whether it is automatic or not. Presumably the Android version syncs automatically too, but I hit the sync button there to help figure out which device is causing the delay.

• Hi @nhDOBsfc,

I participated in your Beta forums a couple of years ago, and realizing how long the interaction takes to fix something, I have felt like it was quicker to reboot than to do anything about it.

But without telling us about it, we can't do anything to fix the problem. We have no known issues with the 1Password account sync right now. If you have a specific network setup that 1Password doesn't know how to deal with, we need to look at it deeply.

I agree it should be automatic. I suggest you should have a manual sync button whether it is automatic or not

We're not going to add this feature at all because it serves to suppress the cause of the problem, we need to know when it is not working, so we can investigate the cause. In addition, 1Password have several fallbacks; it will recheck every hour, every unlock and start of the app.

If the automatic sync doesn't work, the manual button itself will not work either for the same reason it didn't work the first time.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• nhDOBsfc
    nhDOBsfc
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

@MikeT

Okay, that wasn't much work at all; for me.
    Email sent.
    Log complains about RazerSynapse among other things.
    Best of luck!

P.S. I switched to the beta 7.3.602 since I first posted above.

• nhDOBsfc
    nhDOBsfc
    Community Member

Sent update on support file reflecting installation of Beta 7.3. [#PPV-46772-645].

• bundtkate
    edited December 2018

Thanks, @nhDOBsfc! I see Mike has already found your e-mail and replied so I'll leave you in his capable hands. :chuffed:

ref: PPV-46772-645

This discussion has been closed.