After installing browser extension 1Password 7 should work without restarting 1Password.

Options
2»

Comments

• lloydde
    lloydde
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty there are two seemingly unrelated symptoms here:

• After installing browser extension 1Password 7 should work without restarting 1Password.
    • 1PasswordTroubleshooting “Create New Mail Message..”->"Not authorized to send Apple events to Mail”

Merging these two symptoms into one forum topic complicates discussion of each symptom and reduces discoverability of the second.

This is aggravated by the forum software "Name is too long" bug keeping the original date for a discussion that it only published now, which contrary to your joke does seem to be a form of time travel. This discussion reminds me that the Dec 7 date is additional evidence of this forum software bug. If it was a draft and only more recently published, wouldn't it have a date of today?

Further, until yesterday when the reproduction attempt brought it back from wherever it was hiding in the database my searches for https://discussions.agilebits.com/search?Search=Not+authorized+to+send+Apple+events+to+Mail were returning zero results, but now somewhat expected we see:

This discuss does seem to reveal additional bugs that may be worth reporting to your forum software vendor. So forum bug F1 is if the encoding title characters for whatever reason then need to include the encoding count in initial length count, not only later when editing. Forum bug F2 we see in the most recent screenshot: the search result label shows "2 results", but only one result is shown. I now notice a third bug, Bug F3 in an early screenshot:the title too long error message reads "Name is 3 characters too long." when the field's name is not Name, but Title; the error message should read "Title is 3 characters to long."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't disagree with you, but you've already comingled a number of topics in your comments across multiple forum threads, so I think it's best to have it all in a single place for reference.

As far as the forum software, it's not ours so we can't change that. Not really anything more to be said on that.

Regarding the browser extension, a lot of that is out of our hands since we rely on the Native Messaging connection to the browser, but we'll continue to do what we can to make things more fault tolerant on our end. Thank you for your feedback on that!

Finally, as Ben mentioned above, we're investigating to see if there's something we can do to work around the Mail message creation issue. I appreciate you bringing that up.

That wraps those up for now, but please feel free to create a new discussion in the appropriate category if you need help with anything different. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.