is it safe to use pin code OR finger touch on android phones

Options
anurag
anurag
Community Member

using 1password personal accounts, i am thinking of shifting from iphone to android oneplus series phone, i would like to know whether finger touch or pin code configuration would be more secure on android

1Password Version: 7.0.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:is it safe to use pin on android

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @anurag! Just like the 1Password app for iOS, the 1Password app for Android allows you to unlock your 1Password vault with your fingerprint sensor. You can read our support doc here to learn about the security of Fingerprint Unlock for Android—we take protections like requiring your Master Password after a new fingerprint has been added to the device to keep you safe!

On Android, I would recommend setting the 1Password app to unlock with a fingerprint rather than a PIN code, because unlocking with a PIN code is not allowed after the 1Password app has been closed for a while. Fingerprint unlock will work almost all the time, making it much more convenient. Still, though, be sure to remember your Master Password!

Let me know if you have any more questions and I'm happy to help more anytime :)

This discussion has been closed.