Do Family Members get notifies when someone new is added? Do they see new members?

danielwinter
danielwinter
Community Member

I have a certain situation which would require adding someone without others knowing it. Do other normal members get any sort of notification if a new member is added? I am talking about normal users, not organizers.

Or can I just invite them to my family without any problems?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018

Hi @danielwinter! Only Family Organizers are notified when a new family member is added. However, Family Members can see the names of other Organizers/Members/Guests on the account, so the presence of your new member/guest would not be hidden from them if they checked (by creating a new vault and seeing the names of the other users they could add to it, for example).

To keep the name of your newly-invited person (say, Person B ) completely private from your existing family members (say, People A), People A would need to be guests on the account rather than Family Members, and not be given access to any vaults that Person B has been added to.

Alternatively, 1Password Teams/Business accounts have more granular permissioning that might be what you're after. Let me know if I can help more with this :)

This discussion has been closed.