Ctrl + [\] has stopped working

Hi,
I'm not sure what I did, but Ctrl + \ no longer works to fill forms in the browser. I had previously installed the 1 Password X Chrome/FireFox extension, then uninstalled it and re-installed the classic 1Password extension. Now, Ctrl + [] doesn't seem to do anything. I checked the settings and didn't see anywhere to set this. Any tips to get this restored? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @aurelius! It's hard to pinpoint the cause over the forums, but it sounds like the classic 1Password extension disconnected from the desktop app after installing 1Password X. I'd love to see a diagnostics report from your device so I can find the root of the issue.

This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report.

Thanks, and we'll talk soon! :)

• aurelius
    aurelius
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn . I took that as a cue to try uninstalling and reinstalling. That seems to have done the trick! I uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app and extension. Sorry, I should have tried that before submitting this. All good now, though. Thanks for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No worries. Glad that helped! Reinstalling can have 1Password reregister its shortcut if something else has taken it, but if it happens again it's probably a good idea to investigate what that might be. Anyway, it sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Cheers! :)

• aurelius
    aurelius
    Community Member

Hello @kaitlyn and @brenty . I guess I spoke too soon. The shortcut got disconnected again. I've sent in a ticket, as per Kaitlyn's instructions. The Ticket # is #QMQ-22568-182. Thanks!

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the ticket link, @aurelius! :)

I've grabbed it and will look into the issue. Talk to you via email.

• Luikart
    Luikart
    Community Member

Ctrl + \ has stopped working to autofill name and password. I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Luikart: Which version of Chrome do you have, and what is the extension version you're using there?

This discussion has been closed.