Search is broken in latest beta (and many previous ones)

sashk
sashk
Community Member

So, search. Search never worked the way I wanted. It used to, but since early version 6 it didn't.

1Password team made many efforts to fix it, but latest betas have it broken. Seriously. It's unusable.

My setup:

• iPhone 7+
  • latest version of iOS 12 (12.1)
  • latest beta as of 2018.11.14
  • one vault synced by wifi
  • 1password account for remaining vaults

How search works for me now? It doesn't, but here is what happening.

1. Open 1Password, enter password or unlock with touch id.
  2. Start searching for, let's say at&t.
  3. search found the record.
  4. press on record. Nothing happens.
  5. cancel out search (x in search field)
  6. start typing something.
  7. at&t's record shows up.

It's freaking annoying and unusable.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1
Sync Type: 1Password + wifi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sashk: Thanks for getting in touch. I think I may be able to reproduce what you're describing, or similar. We're looking into it.

ref: NKK-91352-286

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm not using WLAN Server here, so I don't believe it's related to that. It may be something to do with local vaults though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sashk: We're still not sure what is causing this for a few people, but in my testing reinstalling 1Password for iOS (backup your data first) helped a great deal. Give that a try and let me know if you see a difference.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2018

@sashk: I still think it's worth a try, but I'm encountering the same search delay again now after reinstalling before my earlier reply. Even if that fix stuck, it's still no good to have to do that so we need to figure out the cause...

ref: apple-2652

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member

This happens to me on my iPad from time to time, but then the next time I try searching it will work fine. I wonder if it's doing something in the background like syncing that prevents a successful search. I haven't tried re-installing yet. Would it be helpful to send a diagnostic report at the time this is happening?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mirv: It's too early to say for certain, but it does seem to me like sync is holding it up for some reason. I don't think we need any additional diagnostics at this time since I can crank those out as needed, but thank you for the offer. Reinstalling, unfortunately, only seems to provide temporary relief, so I wouldn't want to make anyone else do that at this point. If we can figure it out and fix it, we'll let everyone here know so we can get some feedback on a beta though. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think the new beta may resolve this issue. It seems to be working much better for me so far. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you. :)

• Hi there @sashk , we just released the beta to all the testers, can you check TestFlight again?

• That's great, @sashk! @ag_kevin and @ag_andrew will be glad to hear it. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.