Item list refreshes after moving item to new vault

Options

We are a recent subscriber to 1Password Business, and I am currently working on cleaning up vaults after I imported in a large number (400-500) of entries from our previous password management paradigm. I imported everything into one vault, and now am trying to move some items into "more appropriate" vaults for what they are.

Whenever I move an entry (right click, Share -> select new vault -> move), the entry gets moved, but the item list refreshes back to the top of the list. This is extremely annoying as I'm not even out of the "A's" yet and have quite a ways to go.

This feels like a bug - is this the right place to ask you guys to look into it?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1803)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @kuoirad,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, this is the right place to file reports with us and/or any other assistance. If we need more, we'd help you via email instead. Note that 1Password Business customers can write in to us any time at support+business@1Password.com if you need something more urgent.

Whenever I move an entry (right click, Share -> select new vault -> move), the entry gets moved, but the item list refreshes back to the top of the list.

Yes, that is a bug, it should've remained at the previously selection. I've filed a bug report and we'll get it fixed in a future update.

ref: opw/opw#1124

• kuoirad
    kuoirad
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks! Is there any way for me to be notified when the fix is released?

• Hi @kuoirad,

For a specific bug, no. We do not have a public tracker to notify when a specific bug is fixed. We do try to update the threads here when we've fixed the bugs but your best option is to monitor the changelog site to see progress on the bug report ID: {OPW-2414}.

• kuoirad
    kuoirad
    Community Member
    Options

Noted, thanks.

• You're welcome!

• kendalllister
    kendalllister
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike, I get this same "resetting to the top of the list" behaviour when deleting items via Ctrl-Del (Windows 10, same version) - just want to be sure that the bug fix will cover deleting as well as moving :)

• Hey, @kendalllister! It looks like that issue number must have changed since we migrated our internal issue tracker, but chances are this is a related issue if not exactly the same one. Regardless, I'll hunt it down and make sure to add a comment about your experience. :+1:

• kendalllister
    kendalllister
    Community Member
    Options

👌

• Hey, @kendalllister! I had a chance to test this now that I'm not trying to get through the forum at the end of my day and I'm actually not able to reproduce this behavior with Ctrl + Del. Could you maybe share some more detail about exactly when it happens? Do you have an active search? A single vault selected or All Vaults? A particular category selected or All Items? Anything you can tell me about the boring details of when this happens would be helpful. Thanks! :chuffed:

• kendalllister
    kendalllister
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate, sorry, I didn't realise you'd replied :(

The current behaviour I'm seeing in version 7.3.657 on Windows 10 is:

1. Select an item in the list pane (no particular search or category selected).
    2. Press Ctrl + Del to delete the item.
    3. The selected item is removed from the list and the next item in the list is selected.
    4. Press the Up or Down key to navigate to the next or previous item in the list.
    5. The the list pane scrolls to the top of the list and the selection moves to the first item in the list.

I'm not sure whether I was using the arrow keys to navigate when I first reported this, and @kuoirad doesn't mention navigating the list with keys, so this might be a slightly different issue.

I hope this helps you reproduce the issue.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hi @kendalllister,

Thank you for the detailed reply! :+1:

I was able to reproduce this issue on my side. It sounds that this issue is related to the one discussed above, so we will look into it. Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are always here for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

ref: opw/opw#1124

• kendalllister
    kendalllister
    Community Member
    Options

Hi team,

Thanks for fixing this - I'm on Windows version 7.3.684 now and the list position is preserved after deleting an item. However... after moving an item to another vault via Share -> -> Move the list position is reset to the top :( I should note that I'm using the mouse to access the pop-up menu via a right-click, not the keyboard this time, in case that makes a difference. That said, hopefully whatever you did to fix the behaviour after deleting will also work easily for moving!

Cheers,

Kendall

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kendalllister,

We have plans to address refresh issues in 1Password 7 for Windows, but it takes time. At the moment, we are busy with other difficulties that have higher priority and I hope for your understanding.

However, please do not stop participating in our forum. Your questions and feedback are always welcome! :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.