How to edit multiple items at once on Linux/Android?

Options
tkossak
tkossak
Community Member

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of evaluating 1Password and trying to decide if it is a good alternative to LastPass (which started to have too many bugs for me). I use it on Linux (opera/firefox/chrome + cli app) and my android phone. I like most of what I saw so far, but there are some problems to which I can't find solution. Maybe you can help:

How to edit multiple items at once with what I have (Linux/Android)? I've read that it's possible on windows application but I don't have any windows machine. I'd like to do for example:
1. rename a tag
2. move multiple items from one tag to another
3. move multiple items from one vault to another
4. have a field of type "Password" (so it is masked with asterixes) but with multiple lines (need it to keep one-time backup codes, without manually dividing them all and creating separate 10 fields)

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Manjaro/Mint
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tkossak
    tkossak
    Community Member
    Options

And 1 more thing: how to have the same item suggested (in "sign in with") on multiple sites/domains? Sometimes there is one main account (user/password) used for login on multiple domains.

• Welcome to the 1Password support forums @tkossak! I'm glad that you're considering switching to 1Password and would be happy to help answer your questions...

1. rename a tag
    2. move multiple items from one tag to another

While we don't yet support renaming tags in the stable version of 1Password, we have just added that feature in the latest beta version of 1Password. We don't have a mechanism for moving items from one tag to another, but we may be able to add that as we continue to evolve our tags implementation.

1. move multiple items from one vault to another

It is currently possible to copy multiple items between vaults and to delete multiple items in 1Password for Android. Those two actions combined would provide the move capability that you're looking for. We're hoping to add the ability to combine those two actions into a single move action in an upcoming update.

To copy or delete multiple items, you'll want to long-press on the first item and then tap on any additional items to select them. From there, you can select the appropriate action from the action bar.

1. have a field of type "Password" (so it is masked with asterixes) but with multiple lines (need it to keep one-time backup codes, without manually dividing them all and creating separate 10 fields)

There isn't a way to do this with 1Password and I don't anticipate us adding this any time soon. Having separate password fields allows for things like copying or deleting a single backup code.

1. how to have the same item suggested (in "sign in with") on multiple sites/domains?

1Password for Android doesn't yet allow you to add multiple websites to a login, but we're looking forward to adding that in a future update. In the meantime, you can do so on Linux using the 1Password X extension with the 1Password.com web app. Those multiple websites will then sync to 1Password for Android where they will be used to determine matching when filling those logins into websites.

I hope that helps!

• tkossak
    tkossak
    Community Member
    Options

It is currently possible to copy multiple items between vaults and to delete multiple items in 1Password for Android. Those two actions combined would provide the move capability that you're looking for. We're hoping to add the ability to combine those two actions into a single move action in an upcoming update.

May I suggest to add "select all" button? I have many items to move and it's tiresome to click them one by one.

• tkossak
    tkossak
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

@peri Right, I didn't notice it because it disappears as soon as you select first item. It doesn't appear though when you search for items you want to move (I think you can't multiselect at all in search results).

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our development team.

This discussion has been closed.