1Password doesn't lock when computer is idle [Caused by 3rd-party app not allowing Windows to idle)

johs
johs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi I have a problem 1Password doesn't lock when I completely leave my desktop alone. And i have set the setting to lock after 30 seconds idle thanks to Windows hello.

1Password Version: 7.3.612.BETA
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: Personal account

Comments

• Hi @johs,

Thanks for reporting this.

Just to be clear, you're not touching your keyboard and mouse for more than 30 seconds?

Also, are you using any bit mining software on your computer or anything that is modifying the computer's idle state?

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

I just tested this with the same versions (1Password and Windows) as yours and it auto-locked for me.

• johs
    johs
    Community Member

No I'm not touching my keyboard or mouse for 30 seconds or more and I don't have any bit mining software.

• Hi @johs,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• johs
    johs
    Community Member

I have sent the email now

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply there soon.

ref: VCK-32695-927

• johs
    johs
    Community Member

Thank you.

• No problem!

• Just an update, we've narrowed it down to either Asus's AI Suite tool or SteelSeries software, they're not allowing Windows to idle properly.

• johs
    johs
    Community Member

According to my test a few minutes ago it's both software.

• Awesome, thanks for sharing that. We'll try to get in touch with them about the issue.

This discussion has been closed.