iOS file system sync [Feature request]

publicarray
publicarray
Community Member
edited December 2018 in iOS

I have 2 vaults, one is synced via iCloud normally but I would like to sync the other one to my iOS device as well. iOS 12 allows apps more flexibility with the file system. see the Files app from Apple. By allowing iOS access to the file system more syncing apps could be supported. e.g. Google Dive

I can tell the desktop app to sync to a folder on iCloud but I can't read the opvault file from iOS

Please implement this feature. I can't be the only one that does not want to create a Dropbox account just for password syncing

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.1
Sync Type: File system/iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:ios file system sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

iCloud can already be used to sync your 1Password data between devices:

https://support.1password.com/sync-with-icloud/

Apple's guidance for syncing through their iCloud service is to use CloudKit. It was created expressly for that purpose, and that's why we've used that in 1Password. We don't have plans to have 1Password sync with the filesystem when a better database-optimized sync facility exists.

• publicarray
    publicarray
    Community Member

But this only works with one vault which I am already using iCloud Sync with. I now need to sync the other vault...

I have 2 vaults

• The only options for syncing multiple vaults are 1Password.com, Dropbox, and the WLAN Server (Mac). We are not planning on adding any additional sync options at this time. Sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• tempertemper
    tempertemper
    Community Member

I'd love this feature too. It's the only thing stopping me de-coupling from Dropbox :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your feedback @tempertemper, and welcome to the forum too :)

• tempertemper
    tempertemper
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana. I think there was something going on with my browser and I might have posted that more than once :blush:

• No worries. We've got it cleaned up. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2019

I can tell the desktop app to sync to a folder on iCloud but I can't read the opvault file from iOS

I will say the iPhone, from day one, since it’s appearance in 2007, and iOS, has had a glaring lack of File System support. Maybe iPadOS/iOS13 may change things but I would not count on it. 1Password cannot help here if iOS won’t allow it.

This discussion has been closed.