How do I recover deleted data?

Options
Bentleyclan
Bentleyclan
Community Member

Help! I somehow deleted my account and data when trying to change my password on Tuesday. I had to register again just now to leave my question but I have all the info from my initial 1Password Emergency Kit when I created my original account on March 1, 2018. What do I do?

Jackie

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:recover deleted data

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Bentleyclan

Are you able to use the information on your Emergency Kit to log in at https://my.1password.com/ ?

Ben

• Bentleyclan
    Bentleyclan
    Community Member
    Options

No

• Ben
    Options

@Bentleyclan

In that case the only recourse is going to be to start over. Please reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com from the email address associated with your account for assistance on that. When you email in you'll get a support ID back. Please post that ID here so we can expedite your request.

Ben

• Bentleyclan
    Bentleyclan
    Community Member
    Options

Wait! I just got in using https://bentleyclan.1password.com with the new PW and now I can see all my data. I’m so confused because my app on my phone and computer don’t bring any of it up! And requires the old password to get in??

• Bentleyclan
    Bentleyclan
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe I should delete the app on my phone and computer and start again with emergency kit info and new PW?

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @Bentleyclan -- that is great news. Before doing anything else I would highly highly encourage you to please print a new Emergency Kit right away and to discard the old one:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

Once you've got that we can get to fixing the other devices. Please let me know.

Ben

• Bentleyclan
    Bentleyclan
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I’ve reprinted the emergency kit.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. On the iPhone please delete the 1Password app and reinstall it:

1Password 7 for iOS - iTunes App Store

You can use the QR code on the Emergency Kit to make the setup process easier. For the computer... do you have a Mac or a Windows PC?

Ben

• Bentleyclan
    Bentleyclan
    Community Member
    Options

Done.

• Ben
    Options

Great. Do you still need help with the computer? If so is that a Mac or a Windows PC?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.