Deleting authorized devices?

Options
fort
fort
Community Member

Is there any way to un-authorize a device that's in the Authorized devices list for a Families user? The device I want to delete has been stolen, so it's just a (probably unnecessary) precaution. Thanks.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fort - there sure is! You'll need to sign into your account in a browser, and then you can click your profile link at the top right, and you'll see all the devices you have authorized. To the right is a little gear icon. Click that, and you'll be able to deauthorize any device.

• fort
    fort
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Lars I can't see a gear icon when I'm signed in to the relevant account. I can see the icon next to my devices when I'm signed into my account, which is the primary account. I'll try to give the user in question more privileges, and see if the icon appears. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fort - yes, you'd need to be a Family Organizer to be able to do this. You can make that person temporarily (or permanently, of course) a Family Organizer, then they would have that ability.

• fort
    fort
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I'll do that. It would make more sense, though (IMHO), if actual Family Organizers could delete devices for any user.

• fort
    fort
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Actually, that user is already a Family Organizer, but the gear icon is nowhere to be found, even when I'm signed in as that user. Any idea why this might be happening?

• Hello @fort,

That sounds like a bug to me. Users should always be able to see the gear beside their own authorized devices regardless if they are a Family Organizer or not.

Could you please start a support ticket here: https://support.1password.com/contact/

Once you are given a Support ID from the ticket please reply with it here so we can follow up. Want to go into more detail than we can on the public forums.

• fort
    fort
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thanks @jin_dhaliwal, my Support ID is [#YEY-53741-252].

• rob
    rob
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thanks, @fort. We're taking a look. I wanted to also suggest that you regenerate any Secret Keys saved on the stolen device.

The Secret Key is a piece of the encryption puzzle, and it is saved on the device where you sign in. If an attacker finds it, they could attempt to guess the Master Password and decrypt your data. If you regenerate the Secret Key (and maybe change your Master Password too), an attacker that guesses your MP will only be able to decrypt 1Password data on the device, not sign in as you or decrypt your latest data.

When a device is stolen we recommend regenerating the Secret Key and deauthorizing the device: https://support.1password.com/lost-device/#if-you-use-a-1password-account

ref: YEY-53741-252

• Thanks for writing in to our support system @fort and glad that we were able to get your squared away. As we figured out, we've got a couple of different places for device lists throughout the Admin/Family Organizer sections of our site.

The trick here was that you need to use the My Profile page of the family/team member that owns the device, rather than the Person Details page. Look for future updates to make this less confusing and more user friendly. :wink:

• fort
    fort
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the handy tips @rob

@brettbollman, thanks for your help!

• rob
    Options

Glad we could help. :)

This discussion has been closed.