Extended Validation for 1Password.com

Options
mac_techie
mac_techie
Community Member

I searched the forum for information about EV for 1Password.com and found some posts from last year indicating that we should see the green EV HTTPS when visiting 1Password.com. Should this still be the case? When I visit 1Password.com or my 1Password family sub-domain in Safari, I do not see an extended validation certificate. Is this expected? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mac_techie! Well-spotted. :) You are correct both that we used to have an EV Cert and that we no longer do. There are sometimes reasons to have such certs, but the validation has more to do with identifying and verifying who the people/organization behind the cert is/are. Google, Facebook, and other large outfits no longer use them either, because at this point, no one really has doubts about who they are. If you type www.google.com into your browser and press return, you're getting a well-known company. How they secure your data is another matter entirely, of course (and an important one), but having that little green colored bar doesn't make any difference to the question of how well Google or Facebook or we do that. Let us know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.